Designed on ROS platform
AW Controller 7070
• Ubuntu operating system, Linux-based
• ROS framework (Moveit / RVIZ / Gazebo / URDF file with robot LY)
• RoboVu software for robot control
• with EtherCat and Safety PLC interface
• power supply and safety system with dead man’s switch included.
easily integrates into logistic structures, such as Cartesian axes, expanding handling and picking options in future factories.
• easily integrates into mobile robots by extending anthropomorphic capacity in different areas to minimize robotic costs and improve overall performance.
• adapts to industrial programming platforms with field bus and real time and integrated safety up to the single robotic joint.
• easily adapts to powerful applications of scanning and AI visions, creating a direct connection to control systems (PLC) without latencies and with attention to future machine integration technologies.
• easily integrates into field bus safety procedures, actively participating in man-machine interaction issues and overturning current robotic models that interpose a stand-alone robot controller not integrated into the industrial network.
• evolves the concept of robotics applied to research, thanks to the extensive use of ROS (robot operating system), a crucial element for the construction of advanced robotic models in extremely short times, obtaining research prototypes or proof of concept
• Gravity compensation: the operator moves the robot in various positions and the robot performs the movements automatically thanks to gravity compensation and waypoint memorization
• Control from EtherCat bus with control unit even up to 100 meters from the robot
• Tablet control for easy management even using wireless (at reduced speed for security reasons)
• WiFi network (5G) for management from an Ind. 5.0 perspective
• EtherCat control of the machine (CNC or other)
Dear Applicant Automationware
We are pleased to inform you that, following the expert evaluation and summarizing the final results of the agROBOfood Open Call Industrial Challenges, your Project Proposal “HyFlexyBot Flexible Robot “has been selected for funding.
“The proposal was presented with sufficient details. From the technical point of view, a standard application for packaging/palletizing in food industry is proposed using a new cobot based on the top of a mobile unit and integrated on ROS. The main novelty of the proposal is the easy reconfiguration and the cobot itself since it is unique on the market (25kg payload for collaborative robots). The business analysis was sufficiently presented, and the analysis was convincing. The socio-economic aspects were addressed as well. The team is well established and have the necessary expertise.
The proposal describes an autonomous mobile palletization system to be applied in food processing industry with special attention on non-contamination of food. The background is overall well explained. Impact and benefit are comprehensible. The system may be of additional interest, due to the current COVID-19 situation. Problems in the meet processing industry are named. The concept of providing an autonomous mobile platform plus a sophisticated robot arm appears as a good way of working in low structured environment.
The European Union has decided to grant a financial contribution for the implementation of agROBOfood through the Horizon 2020 Programme.